LNG power is a trend of sustainable energy development in Vietnam. With the advantage of being a clean and efficient energy source, LNG power is being expected for the country’s economic and environmental development. However, the deployment and development of LNG power infrastructure also poses many challenges.
* Opportunities to develop LNG power in Vietnam:
- Demand for use: It is forecast that by the end of 2023, gas reserve will not enough for current demand. Especially when Vietnam begins to promote the transition to low-emission forms of energy to achieve the goals of the “COP 26 agreement” on climate change.
- LNG port development potential: In addition to Thi Vai LNG Terminal is operated from July 2023, Vietnam has many large ports capable of receiving LNG ships, helping to facilitate import and distribution LNG.
- Favorable geographical location: Located in the central of Southeast Asia, Vietnam can become an LNG center in this region, thereby attracting international investors and businesses.
- Diverse applications: Electricity is the most popular energy source in Vietnam and can be applied in many fields such as transportation, industry, civil, etc.